Sunday, August 07, 2005

Torch!

I walked into torch day at 7:10am.

There was an electric bike sitting by the bay door... so I took that for a quick spin.

We assembled the bike on the fixture and tacked.



The stuff all over the bike is flux, if you don't know. EJ refers to it as "good lovin'" because you can "never get enough.

EJ took care of the front of the head tube lugs because of how detailed they were.





Understandable. I did seat cluster and bottom bracket... and whatever braze-ons and bosses needed to be done. I'm good with those.



We decided that flat caps were the prettiest option for the cluster because the alternative molded tips were heavy and required wider seat stays.



I didn't have any part in the seat stays, unfortunately... I was back-up SAG for a ride Dad was putting on from the shop. The women I was called to pick-up were not where they said they would be... and they had no idea of what to do with their bikes once I came on the scene. (They were matching... because that is important.) Needless to say that the job took a bit longer than I'd have liked. When I returned, the seat stays had been tacked on. I did get to braze them to the drop-outs, however.